Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas is a time for . . . Cookies!

I have been scheming about the Christmas treats I would make this year since June. Not surprisingly, however, I ended up making something that worked more with my time and budget restrictions than the grand imaginations of my Christmas-loving heart. They turned out wonderful however, and so delicious!
I used the sugar cookie recipe from one of my favorite cookie blogs Bake at 350 you can find the recipe here.
 I have to admit that I did not use almond flavoring because I did not have it. These cookies turn out light and flavorful. (not dull and hard and floury like some thick sugar cookies can become). Once I baked my cookies I allowed them to cool.
Then I decorated them using the recipe and method suggested by another blogger I am Baker and her icing recipe is found here.
Both these bloggers are incredibly creative so check out their blogs especially if you need some inspiration!


Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment